Thursday 7 December 2006

Well, here we are ...

I guess many people start a blog and only keep it up for a few months. Let's see how this goes ...

Who and Why

At the moment I am a Windows Sys Admin working towards an MCSA - whilst they still have those - that seems to have been 'a work in progress' for a few years! I have passed my 70-270 and 70-290. At the moment I'm working towards the new SQL Server 2005 base exam 70-431. I've started from just a bit of MS Access experience a few months ago (and some ancient DB knowledge from years ago), retaught myself SQL and the basics of 'grown up' databases and then managed to go on a condensed version of the 2779 and 2780 MS courses. I have been thinking about a windows techie blog for a while, but never quite got around to it ... then I saw a suggestion that writing a blog might help pass exams(!) So here we are.

My short term goal is to pass the 70-431 and then move swiftly on to the 70-291 to complete the MCSA by next Easter, but I do also have a job and a life beyond that! Initally, I shall mostly be posting stuff on my experiences with working towards the 70-431 exam, but might also post other Windows techie stuff. Let me know if you find anything particularly helpful.